Monday, July 6, 2009

Pride cometh before the fall.....

Just in case you were filled with tomato envy when you saw our last post:

We went out this morning to find our huge tomato vines toppled over from the weight, cages and all. So I spent the morning trimming back the vines, salvaging the dozens of green tomatoes that were broken off, and tying my cages to the fence. Hopefully the much smaller and thinned out branches will be able to handle the weight of the tomatoes that are left.

I guess the verdict is still out as to whether or not I should become a farmer....


(Click on the images to see them in full glory)


(the vines toppled over, away from the fence)

(my pile of trimmings & WAY shorter plants in the back)

(any ideas for green tomatoes?)



5 comments:

Cara Flory said...

such a bummer!

Christian and Christen said...

fried green tomatoes, i always wanted to try them!

Mama G said...

I know Cara, it's such a bummer! Hopefully what is left will still survive!

joyful said...

did you get tips from roy? i heard he like invented tomatoes or something.

Twomorrow said...

I hope Ellory can get to know Emma. I think they would have a lot to talk about.
Margaret