Friday, July 24, 2009

Old

I am officially in my late twenties. Twenty-eight. Man, that sounds old- no offense to people who are older ;)

So what does a pregnant, stay-at-home mother of two and a grandma, twenty-eight year want for her birthday? Besides a pearl white Cadillac Escalade? Someone to cook for me, of course!

Since getting a full time personal chef is just about as far out there as an Escalade, my husband blessed me by taking me out to eat for my birthday- for breakfast, lunch AND dinner! This means that not only did I not have to cook for a whole day, I also didn't have to do dishes for a whole day. Pretty awesome if you ask me!

Dylan and I have this secret desire to be foodies- you know, the kind of people who can eat out at all of the trendy restaurants, afford to buy expensive ingredients to cook gourmet meals, and drink lots and lots of good wine. Well, since we don't like wine, can't eat out all of the time and have to grocery shop on a budget, we figured that indulging our alter-egos once a year is a great plan.

For breakfast, we headed down to Danville to Sideboard Cafe and had delicious eggs, pastries and the biggest latte I've ever seen- it was served in a bowl!

Lunch time was a bit more rushed because of naptimes (and because we weren't really hungry again yet) we split a take-out roasted turkey and cranberry sandwich and german chocolate brownie from Sweet Affair bakery. Man, that bakery is SO good!

We finished the night off with dinner at Skippolini's pizza. The pizza was great, but the best part was the crushy ice in my water. Seriously, crushy ice might not sound exciting to you but I think it's one of my all time favorite foods!

Well, I think that my foodie tendencies have been quenched for the time being (until I watch Check Please Bay Area again!) - which is good, because now I have to go back to living off of tomatoes and zucchini for every meal!

Thanks for the awesome present Dylan!

No comments: