Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Perfect Shower

Since I'm having my third child and I already pretty much have everything that I need to bring this new baby into the world, I was pretty surprised when my sister, sister-in law, and cousin threw me a baby shower.

I have to admit that I wasn't super excited to play shower games and eat shower food and sit around and swap birthing stories. Thankfully, the planning committee wasn't excited about those ideas either and instead, they threw me the perfect Julie shower.

The menu: tea party. (ie. sandwiches, quiche, fruit, sweet cream, scones, muffins, etc). If I could, I would eat like this every day.
(not the best picture of the food but you get the idea)

The game: pictionary with baby related words. (ie. midwife, contractions, dirty diaper, bottle). Pictionary is one of the best games ever.
(my mom drawing a box of cherrios)

The gifts: the little kids who came all decorated onsies for the new baby. The drawings include spider man, monsters, rainbows, birdies and 3-year-old's scribbles. This baby's wardrobe is going to be amazing!

The dessert: ice cream sundae bar. Ice cream is my all time favorite dessert. Add some peaches and caramel sauce on top and I'm in heaven.
(Me with Jackie Dowd and Julie Cambier.... our husbands ditched us and went camping for the weekend)

It really was a blessing to be surrounded and supported and encouraged by such an amazing community of women who are standing by me even in the midst of the craziness that this new baby is sure to bring into our lives.

Thank you girls for the best baby shower ever!

1 comment:

joyful said...

good thing i sent you those pictures or i would get no recognition!