Monday, September 28, 2009

30

In other news this week, Dylan turned 30.
Unfortunately, this milestone birthday went largely uncelebrated too. Maybe when he's 31 I'll have my act together enough to throw him a big party... wish me luck on that one, okay!

The night before his birthday, I was convinced that I was in labor- you know, painful contractions for hours. So we stayed up late (10pm) installing the infant car seat, doing dishes, packing our bags for the hospital and counting contractions. Then they stopped :(

Needless to say, thinking that we would be going to the hospital any minute kinda made him panic because he had a LOT of work that needed to be done. So apart from going out to breakfast, he spent the day working frantically. That night, our friends took us out to dinner at Claim Jumper and he was so worn out from working so hard that he only ate a bowl of clam chowder. (Yes, it was 150 degrees outside but that's all he wanted!).

That night, in a moment of contemplation over his old age, he announced to me that he is content in life. (Good, right?!) Instead of wishing that he had done something really cool for his birthday, he was satisfied doing what he does... spending time with his family, working (he really does like his job), and sitting around in the evening doing a sudoku puzzle. To some, this may sound totally boring- I'll even admit that I can only hope to feel the same on my own 30th- but what a great testimony of God's goodness that Dylan could say that. And what a blessing to me to be married to such a great guy!

Happy Birthday Dylan! I Love You!


ps, in case you were wondering what kind of gifts this 30-year-old got, here's a partial list:
a bag of buttered popcorn jelly bellies
a homemade banana creme pie
a homemade ice cream pie
a box of lucky charms
...hmmm, do you think he has a sweet tooth?!




No comments: