Tuesday, January 6, 2009

6th Annual Christmas Costume Party

Okay, so it's been a few weeks since our annual costume party but better late than never, right?

Our first party was 6 years ago when Dylan and I wanted to have some people over from our church for a get together. People were strongly encouraged to come in something Christmassy. When people showed up dressed as elves, Father Christmas, gold, and a "wrap-er" not to mention some AWESOME Christmas sweaters, we decided that this party needed to become a tradition.

This year was by far the best. We had WAY too many people in our house, the fireplace made everything WAY too hot, and there was WAY too much food. Sounds like a bummer, huh? The costumes were super creative and I find myself wondering, yet again, how will we ever be able to come up with different costumes next year? Well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

The "festive" category (ie, sweaters, christmas colors, etc) was won by my father. I'm not really sure what he was supposed to be, but people seemed to like it!

The "costume" category (ie, santa, snow, gingerbread men) winner was my cousin-in-law, Billy Porter. He was dressed as a Rapper/Wrap-er. I wish I had a better picture of his get-up but my husband, who was supposed to be "Santa's Photographer," decided to take candid shots instead of portraits. Oh well.
Enjoy the slideshow!


2 comments:

Grieco Family said...

So what's on schedule for Valentine's Day? We seemed to miss the Jan. party--or was that it?

Mama G said...

Yeah, for Valentine's Day we have a whole retreat! Pretty cool huh!