Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

This year, because their mom is so un-festive, Emma and Grady took it upon themselves to create Halloween decorations and dress up our house. They raided my tissue paper stash and made super spooky bats and spiders and pumpkins and signs and then taped them up all over the front of our house:

Then, for the first time, they (Dylan) carved pumpkins:



For trick-or-treating, Emma dressed up as a ladybug, Landon wore the monster/alien/bug costume that Grady refused to wear 2 years ago, and Grady was a pirate:


Landon really got into the whole trick-or-treating thing and promptly put every piece of candy he was handed straight into his mouth, wrapper and all:


Trick-or-treating is very much alive and well just down the street from our house. Literally hundreds of kids come out and the houses are super spooky and tricked out with all sorts of special effects. But NO ONE comes down our court because of the bend in the road and it's so dark. So, instead of buying a ton of candy that I would eat all by myself, I bought a box of real fruit fruit snacks to pass out. Yep, I'm that mom. And since no once came, my kids are stocked up with snacks that I'll actually let them eat- definitely one of my better ideas!

No comments: