Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo

Lest you think we've fallen off the face of the planet, I'm here to assure you that quite the opposite has happened. We've been swallowed whole by life and all my energies are being spent elsewhere. But, here we are on this very important National holiday and I thought I'd celebrate by sharing 5 fun facts with you:

1. 6 years ago I was pregnant with a baby girl. I was really hoping that she would be born on 5 de Mayo so her birthday could be 5-5-05. She didn't oblige but I love her anyway. And in 11 days, she'll be 6!!!!

2. Yesterday one of my best friends in the whole world woke up in excruciating pain and had to go to the hospital for an emergency surgery. Thankfully, I just happened to be home at 7am when they called and asked if I could watch their two girls indefinitely. So, I have 5 kids right now. (Their mom is better now and coming home from the hospital today).

3. Last night when I was attempting to feed 5 kids dinner, the firetrucks and paramedics showed up to our house again. I wonder what they thought about the pregnant lady who followed her 5 kids out to take a picture with them!!!

4. We have been raising 5 baby caterpillars for the last several weeks. About a week ago, they formed into chrysalises and today, the first one emerged as a butterfly. Pretty awesome!

5. We have approximately 5 weeks left in our first year of homeschooling. And we survived. And Emma still loves me. And we're gonna try it again next year. Phew!

!Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

1 comment:

MacD Kids said...

Im assuming that was Jackie?! What happened?? Is she okay? (Okay mayeb I'm totally wrong, I guess you probably do have other friends with two girls as well..but had to check atleast) :)