Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pay Back

Earlier this week Grandma fell and the firefighters and paramedics had to come to her rescue. My kids are normally freaked out by this- especially my worry-er Emma, but this time, they really just wanted to take pictures with the fire truck and ambulance. Rather than having them hovering around the action, I obliged and took some pictures of them and the neighbor kid.
So today, instead of being stuck inside our messy house on this dreary, rainy day, I bribed my kids to clean up with the incentive that we'd bake cookies and take them to the fire station.

It was a brilliant plan. The kids put away their laundry, cleaned their rooms, made their beds, and cleaned up and vacuumed the toy room. We'll go visit the fire station every day if I get these results!

Once we got to the station and delivered our cookies and thank you notes, we got a tour of the station and the kids got to pose for a picture inside the firetruck for a change. Then, right when they were explaining to us what happens when they get an emergency call and showing us our house on the map, a real call came in and we got to watch them get ready for it and rush out the door! I thought it was pretty exciting, but Emma was kind of upset because she was asking them questions about the call that they got and they didn't have time to answer her. And Grady was disappointed because he didn't have a chance to see an axe before thy left. Oh well, maybe next time...

ps, I just looked at the pictures of the fire trucks and realized that they're different trucks. I'm pretty sure we took cookies to the wrong fire station! Woops! Hmm, I wonder how I can figure that out!

1 comment:

sunsfromsanfrancisco said...

Ha! That is hilarious. I like the part about the axe and the fact that you went to the wrong station. HA!