Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's a BOY!!!

Last Wednesday, I woke up at 2:30am having really painful contractions. Since I couldn't sleep through the pain, I got up and started getting ready for a trip to the hospital. I finished doing some laundry, did the dishes, straightened the house.... you get the idea. Then of course, by the afternoon my contractions had all but stopped and I was exhausted and discouraged. When would I ever get to meet this mystery baby who has been bouncing and bumping around inside of me for the past nine months?

That evening, I was determined to get this kid out so Dylan and I went for a walk around the Lafayette Reservoir. The intense walk up and down the hills kicked my contractions back into gear but just to make sure they kept on coming, I went home and vacuumed the whole house.

Finally, when my contractions were 3 minutes apart, we left for the hospital. After a few hours sitting in triage waiting for a doctor to come check my dialation (because the nurse couldn't figure it out), we were told that the past 20 hours of contractions had not progressed my labor at all. I was still 1.5cm dialated and definitely not in active labor. :( Apparently, Baby G III wasn't going to come out afterall. So we went home so that at least Dylan could attempt to get some sleep.

Thirty minutes later my water broke. We rushed back to the hospital and found out that I was already 7cm dialated. By the time they were wheeling me down the hall into the delivery room, I was already pushing. 20 minutes or so later we were introduced to this little guy.....
Landon Gregory Gonsalves
10/15/09 (his due date!)
1:22am
8lbs 2 oz
21 1/2" long


We're thrilled, excited, in awe and totally thankful for our healthy baby boy. More pictures to come soon!

5 comments:

Amaya Jaime said...

He's so cute! Congrats! I so totally loved your labor story and my! So quick! Congrats again and god bless you all!

Cara Flory said...

how precious! Congrats to you guys, he is so adorable!

Nicole Handfield said...

Congratulations, Julie and Dylan! What a great name!!
Love, Nicole (for Kent and Adele too) Handfield

Gabbi's Mom said...

Congraulations! He looks just like Emma and Grady together!

~Danielle Kent

sunsfromsanfrancisco said...

Yay! So glad he finally came out. :) Can't wait to meet him.
-Carrie, Joe & Ellie