Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And speaking of Leave Country

First of all, Leave Country succombed to the tank of death and died. We are officially done with fish...... for awhile at least.

Secondly, my sister is leaving the country again. She's going to spend a month in Mascota, Jalisico, Mexico with a missionary friend of ours, Luz. She thought it would be a great idea if Dylan and I joined her for a few days. Dylan thought that it was a great idea and jumped right on board, trying to convince me that we should go. I didn't think it was such a great idea in light of the recent swine flu pandemic and the crazy drug and violence situations happening in Mexico. Then I opened the newspaper to see that a kid in Concord just died from swine flu and page after page of headlines about drugs and violence right here in the Bay Area. The only fear of mine that hasn't turned up illogical yet is the fact that planes seem to be dropping like flies out of the sky lately. Hopefully next week I'll post that this too was nothing to worry about!

Sooooo, we cashed in some of our credit card miles and tomorrow morning, Dylan, Joy and I are leaving for Mexico. We're not totally sure what we'll be doing on this trip other than helping Luz wherever she needs help. Dylan is SUPER excited to be going and I'm excited except for when I think about leaving my kids for so long. Emma and Grady will be staying with my parents and probably won't miss us a bit, but man, this is my first time leaving them for more than 2 nights (we'll be gone for 5) and it's hitting me hard!

We'd appreciate prayer for our saftey and also that we could be a blessing to Luz and her ministry in Mascota.



1 comment:

joyful said...

i'm so excited that you decided to leave the country, i can't wait to hear all about it. let me tell you, it was tough to get up this morning with out you singing "zeta, zeta, zeta gas" or "agua purificada dolulu" to me.