Monday, May 21, 2012

iPhone pictures. Not Really.

I don't have an iPhone.
I really only want one so that I can take pictures and videos and immediately publish them to facebook or my blog or at least save them to my hard drive. Currently, I have to bust out the ol' digital camera when I want to take a picture. Then I have to dig the usb cord out of my junk drawer to upload the photos to my computer. Or, I can take pictures with my 2 megapixel cell phone and text them to my email account and then save them to my computer. Basically, my life is super hard.

Dylan said that since I never leave my house, I don't need an iPhone. His old iPod touch should suffice. Or my camera, usb cord and laptop. If I'm at home, it doesn't need to be convenient. Hellooo, I totally leave my house at least twice a week! He obviously doesn't feel my pain. 

  Well, since whining and complaining aren't getting me anywhere, I'm trying to embrace the technology that I do have and have been having fun taking pictures to document even the little things that go on around here. Here are some pictures from today. Enjoy!

(ps. VSCO cam people, please don't hate because I'm still using instagram. i'm taking one baby step into technological enlightenment at a time!)

Emma went to  Build-a-bear for her birthday with her grandparents. She built a bear that personifies herself perfectly.
 


We've recently discovered a show on PBS Sprout called Noodle and Doodle. It's like a craft and cooking show in one. While I find the show ridiculous and think that even though they're supposedly creating things that kids can reproduce, they aren't at all. But, my kids LOVE it. Of course. The other day we saw an episode where Sean (the real person character) taught kids how to make their own book backpacks out of recycled cereal boxes. Yeah right. Well, Grady made one today all by himself. He only asked me at the end for help attaching the straps. Needless to say, I was impressed!


I married an engineer. Then had his offspring:

Little miss Stella is a rolling machine! I'll put her in the most un-messy part of the floor and turn around and find her across the room tangled up in who knows what. Yesterday I found her eating a lego guy. I guess it's time to teach the boys to put away their bouncy balls, marbles, legos, coins, etc.

So there you have it. A little snippet from our life today :)

1 comment:

Danae said...

It's okay Julie we are in the medieval times around here too...no iPhones. While I want one, I have to say sometimes NOT having one makes me absorb the moment that much more because I can't just take a picture of it! I'm looking on the bright side ;)