Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Warrior

Years ago when Dylan's grandma moved in with us, we boxed up all of our books (lots and lots- I was an English major, after all), ripped out the floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall bookcases that the previous owner had installed in our spare bedroom, and made a room for Grandma. And since then, we've pretty much lived without the majority of our books because we had nowhere to put them. A crime, really.

So last weekend, in order to clean out his garage of my books, my rockstar husband built some custom bookcases to flank our fireplace. They look AMAZING. So amazing in fact, that I had to rearrange the furniture so that they can be gazed upon and appreciated by all. And now our living room whose awkward layout has been plaguing me since the day we moved in suddenly makes sense. And our furniture no longer feels disproportionate, and the rug that I thought was too small fits just fine, and I no longer have to kink my neck or rearrange furniture to comfortably watch tv, and it's cozy and inviting and more open and, well, it's just great. Can you tell I'm just a wee bit excited?

Don't they look great?

I think that the best part of this whole project is that now I know what my husband is capable of and I may just have one or two or six hundred more projects in mind for him to do! Yes!!!!!!


2 comments:

joyful said...

i really do love it, you should post - or send me a picture facing the other direction so i can see how you rearranged things.

sunsfromsanfrancisco said...

Good job Dylan! I may have a few projects for him too...maybe he can train Joe!