Tuesday, August 2, 2011

You know you're old when....

you're forced to choose between your shoes and your back. I had to choose in favor of my back this week and now am a proud(?) owner of a pair of Birkenstocks. And you know what? Since I've been wearing them all day, tonight is the first night in a few weeks that my back is not in excruciating pain. So yes, I'd say that the trade-off between fashion and function was definitely worth it.... this time :) I still hold out hope that once I get rid of this extra 30 or so pounds that are hanging off the front of me and throwing my body out of balance that I can go back to my good ol' Rainbows, but if not, well, at least my back-friendly shoes go well with the wirey gray strands that have been popping straight of the part in my hair lately.

No comments: