Monday, March 8, 2010

Peano Beano

After dinner tonight, Grandma was in high spirits and she insisted upon helping with the dishes. I must admit that this makes me cringe because I know that no soap will be used and everything will be put away -dirty- and into the wrong place. But, who am I to deny happiness to an almost 84 year-old!?

When she started rifling around under the sink and bringing my recyclables out to add to the dishes pile, Dylan went over to the sink to divert her attention away from the trash.

She simply smiled, nodded and asked what she should do with the "peano beano."

Dylan said, "Oh, do you mean the peanut butter (there was an empty jar in the sink)?"

More smiles and nods (You know, like what you might do when you're in Mexico and people are speaking to you in Spanish and you kind of understand what they're saying but not totally) "Uh huh. The peano beano." [as in: duh, that's what I said!]

"Well Grandma, I guess you can just throw that away since it's empty."

"Okay. Yes."

And there you have it!

:)

No comments: