Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Favorite Things: Chewy Ginger Cookies

I'm a chocolate girl. I love all things chocolate: candy, hot cocoa, cake, pie, mochas, cookies. I even made a chocolate sauce for pasta once and it was amazing. You name it, if it has chocolate I will love it.

So, I feel a bit unfaithful because I have a new favorite cookie. And it doesn't have any chocolate in it. And I could eat like a dozen of them in a row because they are that good. Seriously amazing. Oh, and they're super easy and fast to make!

Chewy Ginger Cookies
recipe courtesy of Kirstie Morphy who got it from someone else....

3/4 c. softened butter
1 c. sugar (+more for rolling)
1 egg
1/4 c. molasses
2 1/2 c. flour
2 t. soda
1/4 t. salt
1 T. cinnamon
1 t. ginger
1/2 t. cloves

Preheat oven to 325.

Mix butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.

Add egg and molasses. Mix until combined.

Sift together dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture. Mix together until combined.

Scoop out about a tablespoon or so of dough and roll into a ball. Then roll the ball in extra sugar. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 min- just until edges are firm. DO NOT OVER BAKE. Leave on cookie sheet for a few minutes until the cookies set and then place on cooling rack to cool all the way.

Yield about 24 of the most amazing, chewy cookies ever.


Okay, so now you have the recipe. You should go make a batch right now and find out what the best cookie EVER tastes like. Really, even if you don't think you like ginger cookies, you should make these. Because you'll find that you really do like ginger cookies and you'll end up eating the whole batch. And then make another batch the next day because, yes, they are THAT good.

2 comments:

moxleyfam said...

Julie! Thanks for sharing this recipe! I have a batch in the oven and the smell de-lish! -Amy

Gretchen Noelle said...

These were sure tasty! I just may bake up a batch in my house! We were so blessed to have you come over and bake them for Christen & I the other day. Thank you!!! ~ Gretchen