Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Start 'em young!

A friend of ours is a children's librarian and she recommended that we read Mother Goose nursery rhymes to Emma. We didn't have any so I promptly went down to Half Price Books and bought two volumes of classic nursery rhymes. Emma LOVES hearing them and singing them and it is fun for us to remember some of the rhymes from our childhood: Humpty Dumpty, Little Boy Blue, Jack Be Nimble and Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater to name a few.

Well, of course none of the classic ones have stuck in her head. For the past few days she has been walking around the house singing:

"I am a Girl Guide dressed in blue
These are the actions I must do
Salute to the King
Curtsey to the Queen
And turn my back to the washing machine!"

So much for teaching her to do chores around the house!

1 comment:

Annunciata said...

You got "Here Comes Mother Goose" ill by Rosemary Wells? Good choice! I suggest you paperclip page 66 closed and draw her attention to pages 20-21. Nice to know I haven't lived in vain.